Startup425 Foundations Seminars
Have a great idea for a product or business? Not sure where to start? Consider Startup425 Foundations. Held each year in the spring and fall, this program brings together innovators, business advisors, and entrepreneurs for a broad overview of the startup process, from business plan preparation to financing, marketing and networking. Two bonus seminars have been added to address business challenges created by the COVID-19 public health emergency. One covers risk management and the other covers running a business remotely.
Not sure if you can commit to the entire series of seminars? No worries. Sign up for only the sessions which appeal the most to your interests or needs.
Fall 2020 Series
Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, the Startup425 Foundations fall seminar series delivery format has been modified. Rather than conducting in-person sessions in each of the five participating libraries (Bellevue, Kirkland, Issaquah, Redmond and Renton) the material will be delivered online using webinars. Descriptions of each webinar can be found below:
- Small Business Planning with the Lean Canvas: Learn how business planning can help you manage the risk of starting a new business. We will show you how to use the lean canvas to put all the pieces together in a compelling way to turn your idea into a new product or service, and then into a business. Presented by SCORE Mentor Dean Van Dyke.
- Understanding How Marketing Can Help You Launch Your Small Business: An overview of the key marketing activities you need to work on when launching a new business will be covered. They include defining your target market, designing, pricing and packaging your product or service, and ways to promote your business at launch. Presented by nationally known digital media marketing maven Suzette Cotto.
- Understanding the Options for Financing Your Small Business: Explore the financing options for starting a new small business. We will help you determine the option that makes the most sense for supplying the capital your business needs. Presented by SBA outreach specialist Janie Sacco.
- Is Your Virtual Networking Not Working? Relationship Strategies to Get Known, Get Connected & Get Paid!: Learn important networking strategies and techniques to grow your business. Presented by nationally known expert Toni Harris Taylor.
- Risk Management and Cybersecurity Learn about the common types of business insurance, how they work and when they might apply to your business. Learn how to guard against cybersecurity threats by safeguarding business and employee devices and data. Presented by local experts Felissa Bunner and Jim Bachaud.
- Running a Business Remotely Learn how to run a business involving remote work teams, suppliers, partners, and customers. Presented by global leadership expert September Secrist.